HAST configuration?

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 24 07:07:44 UTC 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 10:49:10AM +0900, hiroshi at soupacific.com wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I checked ucarp_up.sh and modified like this.
>
> # Wait few seconds for provider to appear.
> ##for i in `jot 50`; do
> for i in `jot 2000`; do
> 	[ -c "${device}" ] && break
> 	sleep 0.1
> done
>
> Then 30 seconds to a minute after login the box, /dev/hast and /hapool
> appears.
>
> So hastctl role primary test takes a while when nodeb is downed.
>
> I hope this info help you some.

That makes sense. Connection attempts are made in background, but with
one exception - role change. When the role is changed to primary I try to
connect to secondary _before_ creating /dev/hast/ provider, so if
secondary is fine, we will connect and everything will work. I wanted
to avoid situation where we create /dev/hast/ provider, system will
start to use it and we will connect to secondary a bit later. This will
trigger synchronization, which isn't desiriable when both nodes are in
good shape. I think the way to fix it is would be to decrease initial
connection timeout. I'll look into this.