Plans for Logged/Journaled UFS

Hussain Ali hali at datapipe.net
Fri Oct 30 22:42:42 UTC 2009

Hello,

Was just wondering if any of the LOG or Journal based UFS implementations
are being worked on. I know of three that could make thier way into
FreeBSD :

 - bluffs :: IIRC ups@ was working on this
 - wabl :: Wasabi's FFS extentions for NetBSD's UFS2
 - solaris ufs :: that has journaling support - this is probably the
   most work though

ZFS doesnt suffice for may use cases - so just wondering if this is in
the works.

Thanks,

--
-hussain

This message may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please advise us immediately and delete this message.  See http://www.datapipe.com/emaildisclaimer.aspx for further information on confidentiality and the risks of non-secure electronic communication. If you cannot access these links, please notify us by reply message and we will send the contents to you.