Western Digital RE4-GP WD2002FYPS 2TB hard disks

Josh Carter josh at multipart-mixed.com
Mon Oct 26 00:38:12 UTC 2009

Gary,

Just one data point, we've been evaluating 60 of these drives and
we've had some problems. We've had a couple fall over, and WD said
they had some production issues which are now worked out. We'll
see. :) We had problems on both SAS and direct-attach SATA.

The drives have great specs, however, and we're going to continue
working with WD. I'm pretty sure WD is making a serious effort to get
into the enterprise space with these drives, so they'll get their
stuff together. Right at the moment I'd have some reservations about
putting these drives into a production environment.

Best regards,
Josh