gjournal crash: "error while writing data (error=6)"

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 6 18:39:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 02:30:15PM -0400, Charles Owens wrote:
> [...]
[...]
> Here's the partition size from the real system in question:  59055800320
> (55 GB)

That's better, now we know that gjournal was using valid offset.

This still doesn't solve your mistery, but whatever it is, it doesn't
look like gjournal, because the error you are seeing was received from
provider below (ad4s1a). The error value suggest that this partition
disappeared or something else bad happen. The logs you pasted don't tell
us what, so I can only guess.

As I suggested earlier it could be that disk was detached on an error.
It happends sometimes in my home file server - it controller doesn't
report errors, but detached the disk instead.