support quality (Re: dump | restore fails: unknown tape headertype 1853384566)

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Thu Mar 26 07:49:23 PDT 2009

> ... or the database is configured in a risky way... But judging by
> this thread, it seems dump with -L is indeed broken for some
> people.  Hence, I suggested dumping the database using the database's
> backup tools and trying dump without -L

Well, if dump -L is really broken I'd recommend just not using dump
unless you absolutely have to. That is assuming snapshots are not
broken so that you can still use mksnap_ffs with your favorite backup
tool.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'