7.2-STABLE: swap on ZFS v13

Simun Mikecin numisemis at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 10:01:54 UTC 2009

Hi!

Before ZFS v13 import to the 7-STABLE branch, it was a well known fact that swap on ZFS volume (zvol) will not work.
Recently, I tried to use swap on ZFS v13 (7-STABLE/amd64). It seems that it works.

I used 4k for the volblocksize as that is equivalent to hardware page size.
I tried with compression enabled and disabled. Enabling compression reduces number of bytes that need to be swapped in and out to the zvol.

zfs create -o volblocksize=4k -o compression=on -o org.freebsd:swap=on -V 4g tank/swap
swapon /dev/zvol/tank/swap

Is there anybody else who tried 7-STABLE/amd64 with swap on ZFS v13? Does it work or not?