misc/118855: [zfs] ZFS-related commands are nonfunctional in fixit shell.

Dan Naumov dan.naumov at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 09:50:03 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR misc/118855; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dan Naumov <dan.naumov at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, erik.swanson at gmail.com
Subject: Re: misc/118855: [zfs] ZFS-related commands are nonfunctional in
	fixit shell.
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 12:43:20 +0300

 This should be moved to -docs, here is why:

 I managed to figure it out after having some of my hair go gray: when
 you are in FIXIT, you have to do "kldload
 /dist/boot/kernel/opensolaris.ko; kldload /dist/boot/kernel/zfs.ko" in
 that particular order (because automatic loading of kernel module
 dependencies does not work in FIXIT). After this, "zpool" and "zfs"
 will start working. The ZFS part of the Handbook (
 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/filesystems-zfs.html )
 makes no mention about this, I think a small note in there is in
 order.

 Sincerely,
 Dan Naumov