ZFS RaidZ2 with 24 drives?

Solon Lutz solon at pyro.de
Fri Dec 25 11:03:56 UTC 2009

Guten Tag Thomas Burgess,
Dear Thomas Burgess,

am Freitag, 25. Dezember 2009 um 01:46 schrieben Sie:
on Freitag, 25. Dezember 2009 at 01:46 you wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org> wrote:
> Isn't it write caching?
> My Solaris machine at work also flushes the data every 30 seconds.

> Ronald.

> I think you are right.  ZFS does work in bursts...it's very different than what most people expect.  I know it was really  weird to me when i first saw it.

But my case isn't anywhere near of performance... According to iostat and gstat it reads
and writes some data for 3-4 seconds and then sits there silently for another 10 and does
absolutely nothing.
Even when I'm doing single HD to single HD copy...

Best regards,

Solon