ZFS: Can't repair raidz2 (Cannot replace a replacing device)

Steven Schlansker stevenschlansker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 01:26:05 UTC 2009

On Dec 23, 2009, at 5:06 PM, Rich wrote:

> IPMI is a great thing, let me tell you. :)

Can one just buy a random card and plug it in to a generic
motherboard and have it work?  I was under the impression
that this was generally only available on server-class
hardware...

> Also, Linux's magic sysrq has saved me several times.

Me too!  I wish FreeBSD had something like this... maybe I'll
write a kernel patch to support just the hard-reset
bit of it... ;-)