Plans for Logged/Journaled UFS

Thomas Burgess wonslung at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 12:18:00 UTC 2009

i remember reading that NFS needs tuning with ZFS even on solaris so you
might want to look into that....i'm not an expert though.

I CAN say this though.  I have a machine with 12 drives and 8gb ram that i
use for samba.  FreeBSD 8.0 ZFS v13

It has only 10 or so clients but it has no problem maxing out 2 gigabit
lines and it never freezes.  It took some tuning for samba but it works
great.