ZFS RaidZ2 with 24 drives?

James R. Van Artsdalen james-freebsd-fs2 at jrv.org
Wed Dec 16 12:04:46 UTC 2009

Results like this indicate a problem with the disk system.  There is a
problem with the driver, card, cables or disks, etc.  The Areca probably
has problems with JBOD mode (I was unable to get a different Areca RAID
card to work reliably in JBOD mode this spring so I'm not surprised).

If these are SATA drives try a card using the Silicon Image 3124
controller and the SIIS driver: for SAS try the LSI 3801e or 3081E-R cards.