glabel for ufs: size check is overzealous?

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Wed Apr 22 07:07:13 UTC 2009

Thinking more about it - maybe that check is useful for finding out what
geom provider a filesystem actually belongs too. But I am not sure.

E.g. what should happen in the following case?
I create partitions ad4s1a and ad4s2a.
I create gmirror rootgm using these partitions.
I create a filesystem on rootgm with label rootfs.
Right now, with my local patch, during boot glabel seems to do "tasting"
before gmirror is activated and so it thinks that rootfs is label of
filesystem on ad4s1a.

I think that this wouldn't have happened without my patch.
But, OTOH, I think that this is not the problem of the patch, this is a
problem of glabel starting before gmirror. But this is insolvable in
principle - what of gmirror is started later manually.

So after all the current code makes the most sense for most common usage
pattern. And thus I shall shut up :-)

--
Andriy Gapon