Booting from ZFS raidz

Ollivier Robert roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
Thu Apr 16 09:40:57 PDT 2009

According to Ollivier Robert:
> with tank containing a raidz array, zpool refuses to set the property,
> saying it is not available.  Using the same commandline on a mirror works.

BTW all messages I've found on this subject assume (like the script does)
that one can do installworld/installkernel.

I can setup the whole gpt thing from livefs, even extracting all dists on
the newly zfs pool manually by playing with livefs/dvd1 but it can not boot
afterwards because / can not be found.

I must have missed something...  I long for pcbsd setup with zfs support in
fact I think :(
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
In memoriam to Ondine : http://ondine.keltia.net/