gmirror with only some partitions gjournal'd, autosync setting?

Carl k0802647 at telus.net
Thu Oct 30 00:32:57 PDT 2008

I've built a GEOM mirror on a single slice of a single disk and am
currently inserting the second disk. Of the partitions in the mirror, I
made only a few of them gjournal'd. From this thread, I understand that
auto-synchronization is unnecessary for gjournal on top of gmirror:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2007-January/019276.html

I'm thinking my non-journaled partitions (the ones too small to be
journaled) still need to be sync'd after crashes, so how can I enable
auto-synch for those partitions and not the ones that are journaled?

What is the correct thing to do here?

Carl                                             / K0802647