Asynchronous writing to zvols (ZFS)

Thomas Hurst tom at hur.st
Sun Jul 27 20:26:57 UTC 2008

* Peter Schuller (peter.schuller at infidyne.com) wrote:

> >   WARNING: ZFS is considered to be an experimental feature in
> >   FreeBSD.  ZFS filesystem version 6
> >
> > http://opensolaris.org/os/community/zfs/version/6/
>
> I know of the 'version 6' bit, but that's just the on-disk format, not
> the version of the code base (unless I am misunderstanding something).

Sure, but since FreeBSD's using version 6, chances are it's using code
from around where it appeared in Solaris Nevada.  snv_59 was using
version 3, which didn't even support compression.

It would be nice if this were documented, though, so we don't have to
make vague guesses.

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst
    http://hur.st/