Thinking of using ZFS/FBSD for a backup system

CZUCZY Gergely phoemix at harmless.hu
Wed Jul 9 05:44:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 01:14:49 +0200
Kris Kennaway <kris at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> CZUCZY Gergely wrote:
> I don't know; empirically my setup is an upper bound.  How large was
> "as large as it was allowed" for you?
Well, we cannot buy "upper bounds" all over, just because some
developer is unable to figure out things. I think you can't expect
FreeBSD users to spend as much money as possible, just because the devs
can't tell how much is enough...
It seems more like a twilight zone then a stable feature now ;)

It was exactly as much as an amd64 installation would allow with 2GB of
physical memory. We've dismissed the setup around february, and I don't
have the configs anymore. It was an amd64 setup with 2GB of physical
memory.

--

Sincerely,

Gergely CZUCZY,