zfs and vfs.zfs.prefetch_disable="1"

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at freebsd.org
Mon Apr 28 08:31:34 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 04:26:54PM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> i have in my incantations for zfs on i386 to stick the following in
> /boot/loader.conf.local
>
> vm.kmem_size=600M
> vm.kmem_size_max=600M
> zfs_load=YES
> vfs.zfs.prefetch_disable=1
>
> but i have no idea where that last one crept in.  any clues?

It probably came from the old version of the "ZFS Tuning Guide" section
of the ZFS on FreeBSD Wiki.  It was removed on August 30th 2007 by Ivan
Voras.

http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFSTuningGuide?action=diff&rev2=12&rev1=11
http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFSTuningGuide?action=recall&rev=12
http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFSTuningGuide?action=recall&rev=11