Writing contigiously to UFS2?

Gary Palmer gpalmer at freebsd.org
Fri Sep 21 06:31:28 PDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 03:23:20PM +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Gary Palmer wrote:
>
> >Presumably by using the -c parameter to newfs.
>
> Hm, I'll try it again later but I think I concluded that -c can be used
> to lower the size of cgs, not to increase it.

A CG is basically an inode table with a block allocation bitmap to keep
track of what disk blocks are in use.  You might have to use the -i
parameter to increase the expected average file size.  That should
allow you to increase the CG size.  Its been a LONG time since I looked
at the UFS code, but I suspect the # of inodes per CG is probably capped.