New option for newfs(3) to make life with GEOM easier

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Sun Sep 2 11:20:11 PDT 2007

Yar Tikhiy wrote:

> Any comments or objections?  Thanks!

Why not go a bit further and reserve 1 sector by default? I mean: keep
the option, but if the GEOM people agree that only the last sector is in
question here (and I think all current GEOM classes behave this way),
reserve the 1 sector by default. Nobody will notice but some foot
shooting will be avoided.

The reason for this is that in some cases people will change their mind
about whether they want to do mirroring or not, and then it's too late.