call for help on TMPFS

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 26 20:04:23 UTC 2007

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 12:06:14AM +0800, Howard Su wrote:
> i updated the latest status in http://wiki.freebsd.org/TMPFS with the
> patch. i want some help on the panic. i even don't have idea on how to
> narrow it down. also testing and bug report is welcome.

I think you are missing some cases in lookup where you should add
SAVENAME flag. I'd start from adding this (or similar) assertions:

	KASSERT((ap->a_cnp->cn_flags & SAVENAME), ("No SAVENAME"));

to the following functions:

	tmpfs_create()
	tmpfs_remove()
	tmpfs_mkdir()
	tmpfs_rmdir()
	tmpfs_rename() (assert both: fcnp and tcnp)
	tmpfs_symlink()
	tmpfs_link()