HTFS ?

Bill Vermillion bv at wjv.com
Thu May 10 16:49:09 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 12:03  Tim A. saw "Error reading FAT table?
Try SKINNY table?" And promptly said:

> Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> >"Tim A." wrote:
> >
> >>People must have had to deal with this before.
> >>Why can't I find any tools for (at least reading) HTFS?
> >>

> >Mac FS ?
> >I believe there's been support in ports/ for a decade.  Never used it
> >myself.
> >

> I wish.
> # uname -a
> SCO_SV scosysv 3.2 2 i386
>
> Boots from an EAFS volume, OS on one HTFS mount and data on another HTFS.
> The box ran a custom FilePro app. I've installed FilePro on a FreeBSD
> box, but I need to move the data over.
> SCO box is host only (no networking).
> Data is ~ 100 MB.

filePro used to have a transfer program that worked via serial
ports.  You passed the names and then everything was moved
correctly to the right places in the new system.

I've run up to 4 parallel stream when moving a large FP application
from and old system into a AT&T 3B2 many many years ago.

You could also use something such as 'tar'.  Be aware that the SCO
version knows how to handle extensions that cross media boundaries,
while many other tars do not.

The work-around for split files is when you transfer the first
rename the destination file with something like a -part01 name,
otherwise the next section will over-write the first one.

When all the pieces parts are together for the large file - just
cat them all into one file.  eg   cat *01 *02 *03 > final-file-name

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com