TDFS ... or other distributed file system technologies for FreeBSD?

Ivan Voras ivoras at fer.hr
Wed Mar 28 13:41:46 UTC 2007

Francisco Reyes wrote:
> Ivan Voras writes:
>
>>>    a. anyone is using his current code at all?
>>
>> Judging by the feedback I got (i.e. practically none), I doubt
>> anyone's using it.
>
> Perhaps not many people are aware of it.

I've mentioned it many times to get attention :)

> Is there a new version planned? I see the last revision was on Jan 2006.

No, due to reasons I mentioned before: lack of time on my part, lack of
interest from others - this was something I did because it interests me,
but I don't need it (yet...) in production, so - it's where it is.

(I didn't abandon it - the problem still interests me and I hope I will
re-visit it some time).

> Do you have a URL for that other project?

No, but the idea is to make a nullfs-like thing that exports file OPs
remotely. Way more complex than TDFS.