ACL's doesn't work with SUIDDIR

Cédric Jonas cedric at decemplex.net
Tue Mar 27 11:02:28 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:15:26 -0700
Julian Elischer <julian at elischer.org> wrote:

> Cédric Jonas wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > thanks to correct me.
> >
> > PS: Please CC me, I'm not on the list.
>
> SUIDDIR is probably mot widely used so it may not have ever
> been tested with ACL (also not widely used) is is possible
> that you are the first person to have ever tried this combination :-)
>
> I suggest that the ACL guys take a look as they i think have some
> shared code with other OS's which probably don't have SUIDDIR, which
> is a FreeBSD only option.

Typical for me :-( But however, it seems that I'm not the very first
one who tries this. I found this in the freebsd-stable archive from
February 2005:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2005-February/011786.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2005-February/011797.html

It it can help... I also filled in a PR: misc/110915

Let me know if you need further informations.

Cédric Jonas                                        cedric at decemplex.net

Mobile Phone:                                          (32-494) 08 92 64

GPG ID:                                                         30CCFE8D
GPG Key:                 http://box.decemplex.net/~cedric/cedric.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint:      CF03 E1FD 9428 1B6B E971  B107 9044 AA99 30CC FE8D

Jabber-ID:                                          cedric at decemplex.net