zfs_20070303.patch on current

Andrei Kolu antik at bsd.ee
Wed Mar 7 17:07:44 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 17:25, you wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 04:54:02PM +0200, Andrei Kolu wrote:
> > >
> > > Forgot to mention. Do not add 'zfs_load="YES"' to your
> > > /boot/loader.conf, because it tries to read some files before root file
> > > system is mounted, which will panic the system. I'll fix this at some
> > > point, but avoid loading zfs.ko too early for now.
> >
> > I already realised that this is a Bad Idea TM. Loaded it with kldload
> > manually. Was able to write files onto zfs volume but system crashed
> > after I tried to delete files....
>
> Unfortunately this doesn't tell much... Do you have a way I can
> reproduce it?

# mdconfig -f /home/zfstest -u 0
mdconfig: ioctl(/dev/mdctl): Device busy

I already got couple of memory disks, so I choose available md.

# mdconfig -f /home/zfstest -u 2
# bsdlabel -w md2 auto
# zpool create home /dev/md2c
default mountpoint '/home' exists and is not empty
use '-m' option to provide a different default
# zpool create zfs /dev/md2c
# mount
/dev/ad0s2a on / (ufs, local, soft-updates)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local)
/dev/ad0s2e on /var (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s2f on /usr (ufs, local, noatime, soft-updates)
procfs on /proc (procfs, local)
linprocfs on /usr/compat/linux/proc (linprocfs, local)
/dev/md1 on /tmp (ufs, local)
zfs on /zfs (zfs, local)

Wrote couple of files into /zfs, then tried to delete them- computer rebooted.
This was remote box and I am unable to see any information what happened- log
files shows nothing.

Andrei