Coda-client and kernel panic

Aristeu Gil Alves Jr aristeu.jr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 11:54:07 UTC 2007

2007/7/6, Aristeu Gil Alves Jr <aristeu.jr at gmail.com>:
> I'm using a 6.2-RELEASE-p4, updated with freebsd-update. Installed
> coda-client-6.1.2 from ports. I'm having the same problems that were
> submitted on April 2006 for 7.0-CURRENT [1].
>
> Coda-server is running apparently fine (I can't test it without the client).
>
> Is coda-client usable in ANY freebsd supported versions?
> Are there any strict userlevel client available (to scape the kernel panic)?
(...)
> [1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=95891&cat=

It seems to be a very big lack (almost a non existence) of
communication between freebsd and coda. The error reported in [1]
seems to happen in every distribution, from release to stable/current,
and it´s fixed a long time ago says the Coda Coders, from CMU [2].
Coda, at least to me, should be a very active and stable project,
since it´s one of the few storage projects on developers page [3] (the
only that is a distributed file system). Please, if one of the
submmiters is reading this, please contact Jan Harkes (jaharkes at
cs.cmu.edu) to solve the issue, and subscribe him to the bugtracker to
create some interaction between the projects.

Thanks and regards,
--
Aristeu Gil Alves Jr

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=95891&cat=