How safe is ZFS to use for a home user?

John Klimek jklimek at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 19:34:08 PST 2007

Has anybody ever lost data due to any bugs or anything like that?  I'm
going to use this ZFS as my primary storage medium (and poor man's
backup solution), so I would be devastated if I lost my entire array
due to a bug or other issue (aside from losing two hard drives in a
three hard drive RAID-Z array).

Also, my system is going to have 3x 400 GB (RAID-Z) and 1x 80 GB
(Standalone ZFS) and has 1.5 GB RAM (P3-1.0 GHz).

What should I be setting my kmem and kmem_max to (or whatever) to
avoid this bug I keep hearing about?