FSCK failed does'nt correct file size when INCORRECT BLOCK COUNT is found

julien julien.bellang at free.fr
Fri Dec 7 06:45:33 PST 2007

I can't get a UPS in my environment.

I already tested with the write cache desactivated, but the problem
still the same, I obtain files with holes and incorrect size and
blockcount. The only difference is that there is less holes and
performance are falling down.

The problem is really easy to reproduce, you have just to copy several
big files and shutdown the power in the midle of the copy.