Xsan (Apple) on FreeBSD

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Thu Aug 2 08:52:07 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, Patrick Tracanelli wrote:

> But delegation feature would not fit in an enviroment where we have two
> systems accessing the server (same shares, or even the whole nfs4 root), so
> parallel nfs4 usage cant count on this feature :/

I'm not sure what you are saying. Delegations are "per file". If you are
read/write sharing the same file across multiple clients then, yes,
delegations won't help your case.

Btw, if your disks are 100% busy, there isn't much you can do except
spread the load across more drives on the NFS server, to get better NFS
perf, imo.

rick.