On-disk format of UFS/UFS2 (for firmware implementation)

Matt Sealey matt at genesi-usa.com
Tue Jun 20 15:14:09 UTC 2006

I'd prefer of course some design documentation (I refuse to believe the UFS2 disk
format was designed entirely in source code form without paper/html reference
documentation)

What I have is

src/sys/ufs/*
src/lib/libstand/ufs.c

and now

src/sys/boot/common/ufsread.c

This is a very good start but is there really not any paper doc or design reference
or even an email thread on a mailing list when people were designing UFS2?

My second question (since now we can poke around perhaps) is if there is a defined
way to detect a "dangerously dedicated" disk in order to support these system
configurations..?

--
Matt Sealey <matt at genesi-usa.com>
Manager, Genesi, Developer Relations