quick check - adaptec 2820sa on FreeBSD 6.1 ?

Ensel Sharon user at dhp.com
Fri Jun 9 21:42:30 UTC 2006

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, Steven Hartland wrote:

> Ensel Sharon wrote:
> > I want to use raid-6 with FreeBSD, is what I am trying to say.
>
> The Areca controller is definitely supported and provides
> hardware RAID 6 support.

Thanks.  I already have an infrastructure built around aaccli, automated
alerts, and training, etc.  I am sort of wedded to PERC/aac/adaptec/etc.

I just want to make sure that the 2820sa is just as nicely working and
supported as any other PERC/aac, and that raid-6 support is accessed and
used through the BIOS just like any other raid configuration on any other
aac card...

Can someone confirm that ?