[gvinum] add a disk in concat mode

Gorgonite gorgonite at freesurf.fr
Thu Jun 8 18:17:10 UTC 2006

Hello,

I run on FreeBSD v6.1
I have a disk with 300Go (/dev/ad0) in concat mode with gvinum (myvol.p0)
I would like to add a disk of 200Go (/dev/ad2) on this volume, but without
erasing my previous data (ad0)

I executed this script

Code:
#! /bin/sh dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ad2 count=2 disklabel /dev/ad2 |
disklabel -B -R -r ad2 /dev/stdin newsfs /dev/ad2c gvinum create gvinum.conf

with this gvinum.conf

Code:
drive b device /dev/ad2c plex name myvol.p1 org concat vol myvol sd length
188358m drive b

it seems to be okay for gvinum... and I wanted to update my "partition"

Code:
growfs -S "483g" /dev/gvinum/myvol

but it failed with "grow is not growing..."

Can anyone help me, please ?
Thanks.

ps: sorry for my bad english :'(