permissions for .snap directories - contradictory man page ?

user user at dhp.com
Tue Jan 3 12:46:20 PST 2006

I am using a 6.0-RELEASE system.  On that system, the man page for dump
states:

This problem can be corrected by creating a
.snap directory in the root of the file system to be dumped; its
owner should be ``root'', its group should be ``operator'',and
its mode should be ``0770''.

However, I note that system install produced these .snap directories, by
default, in the roots of my partitions:

2 drwxrwxr-x  2 root  operator  512 Nov 30 03:27 .snap

Is the man page wrong, or should I alter these permissions for my .snap
dirs ?

thanks.