Vinum mirror catch22

Tony Holmes tony at crosswinds.net
Thu Apr 6 01:46:58 UTC 2006

I have a problem I need to work around.

On a heavily loaded system, I have a pair of identical drives mirrored. No
problem til today when one went stale - this happens from time to time on
IDE I find. No biggie, clear off the disk, start the rebuild AND...

the good drive has an Input/Output error right in the middle of it. I can
mount it, look at paths, etc, but I cannot get the mirroring to complete.
3 attempts all fail.

So I am thinking of trying something like a DD from the partition to the
other partition. I need to get as much of the data off as possible and then
replace/remirror the drive.

Does anyone have ideas? The data changes so fast that the backups I do have
are pretty much useless :)

--
Tony Holmes

Ph: (416) 993-1219