can not mount a large FAT32 filesystem

Bruce Evans bde at zeta.org.au
Tue Sep 27 01:35:49 PDT 2005

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Jim Rees wrote:

>  Maybe a quick fsck_msdos would do the trick..
>
> I doubt it.  The message implies a problem with the partition table, not the
> file system.  I suspect it's a geometry problem, especially since the CHS
> values don't match the LBA.

Except the eror is reading the partition table itself.  This cannot be a
"geometry" problem, except possibly one involving the sector size, since
the partition table is in sector 0 and contains the geometry.  This is
a very strange error, since the kernel does the same read as fdisk to
read the partition table, and fdisk seems to work.

Bruce