can not mount a large FAT32 filesystem

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Mon Sep 26 20:01:42 PDT 2005

On Monday 26 September 2005 05:22 pm, Jim Rees wrote:
= So this is a disk drive, not flash, but in a CF package, right? I
= would be curious to know if a 4GB flash card works, but I don't
= suppose you have one sitting around.

I don't... I tried this thing in two different readers, though, as well
as inside the camera while in mass-storage (as opposite to PTP mode).

= Can you give us the full dmesg for this card/reader?

How about the following (on 6-BETA5 from Sep 22):

	umass0: Genesys USB Reader, rev 2.00/91.38, addr 2
	da2 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
	da2: <Generic STORAGE DEVICE 9138> Removable Direct Access SCSI-0 device
	da2: 1.000MB/s transfers
	da2: 3906MB (7999488 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 497C)
	[...]
	mountmsdosfs(): bad FAT32 filesystem

This is using a different reader and on an entirely different machine,
so it is the fs on the card, not the reader...

I can dd a few blocks from the beginning, if you'd like -- just send me
the actual dd command -- I'll post a link to the output...

Thanks,

	-mi