running multiple snapshots - multiple .snap dirs needed to avoid blocking ?

user user at dhp.com
Mon Nov 21 23:26:02 PST 2005

Hello,

I understand that while a snapshot is being created, any stat of the
directory that it is being created in will block until the snapshot is
finished being created.

Let's say I have one snapshot created and in use in .snap, and then I
create a second snapshot of that same filesystem, also in .snap ... should
I be worried that the usage of the first snapshot will block while the
second one is being created ?

It seems like I should be worried about that, and I am considering .snap,
.snap2, .snap3 directories and just putting one snapshot in each ...

(assume 6.0-RELEASE)

thanks.