Global / Cluster / Shared filesystem for FreeBSD?

yf-263 yfyoufeng at 263.net
Fri Mar 11 18:30:46 PST 2005

在 2005-03-11五的 15:53 -0600,Eric Anderson写道:
> yf-263 wrote:
> > Hi, Eric,
> >
> > How about the MogileFS (http://www.danga.com/mogilefs/), which served a
> > pictures web service at about twenty millions. And all in user level. It
> > is also share some same ideas as GoogleFS (http://unix-
> > driver.org/books/linux/filesystem/googlefs/p125-ghemawat.pdf).
> >
> > And for Sistina's GFS (which sold to Redhat now), its 2.0 version has an
> > un-finished FreeBSD porting, which can be downloaded from its ftp server
> > (the address is not on my hand now, and I can tell you if you really
> > want it).
> >
> > Last year I have worked on porting that GFS to Darwin (since it use
> > FreeBSD fs codebase), so I'll glad to talk to you about it ;)
>
> Yes, please do send the link!! I couldn't find it in my meager googling.  Do you have any insight as to when a 'real' FreeBSD port of GFS will be around?

Sorry, seems I gave confuse. The code is old (which is GFS 3.0), and
just can't work fully.

It was in ftp.sistina.com/pub/GFS, and if you just open ftp.sistina.com,
nothing will show-up (it hide its `pub' from public ;) ). 3.0 has a un-
finished FreeBSD code described as following mail. 2.0 has GFS SGI code.

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=95974+0
+archive/2001/freebsd-fs/20010225.freebsd-fs serves its status.

For when will it to be around, I'm sorry to say I don't know it. And
seems RH has no plan to do it.

--
yf-263 <yfyoufeng at 263.net>
Unix-driver.org