[saturnero@freesbie.org: Weird behaviour of mount_unionfs with executables]

Dario Freni saturnero at freesbie.org
Sun Jul 3 20:16:09 GMT 2005

On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 01:02:27PM -0600, Scott Long wrote:
> >I'm also afraid that copying files to the upper layer also when
> >they're not modified could fill up our mfs entirely. I'm almost sure
> >there's a totally different behaviour under RELENG_5, as we haven't
> >encountered such problems.
> >

> You might very well have found a bug in the vnode pager.  I take it that
> this doesn't happen on 5-STABLE, correct?

Correct. I'm sure that from 5.4-RELEASE to -STABLE unionfs work as
expected for me. The very strange thing is that a recalled file is
copied (with fixed permissions) to the upper layer even if it wasn't
modified. In my case, the upper layer is a mdmfs, so it will be surely
filled up to its entire size after running executables for a total
amount of 32Mb. Quite boring.

Bye,
Dario

--