bug: snapshots and df space

Alfred Perlstein bright at mu.org
Wed Apr 9 09:39:14 PDT 2003

After I lost power to a machine it came back up and I tried to log in
as a user, problem is that I was at "100%" disk capacity so my login
failed.

After cleaning up several hundred megs of object files the 'df'
reported that I had space, however allocations kept failing.

I'm pretty sure this is because the deleted files were still held
in the snapshot, which makes sense, however I don't think that df(1)
should be reporting space that isn't just there yet.

--
-Alfred Perlstein [alfred at freebsd.org]