math/cmlib port - PR submitted, want to discuss

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 25 22:08:15 UTC 2014

Le jeu 25 déc 14 à 17:41:43 +0100, Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
 écrivait :

> > <https://reviews.freebsd.org/D1354>
> >

> With only a very brief scan, I would have
>
> _valid_ARGS= atlas netlib gotoblas openblas
>
> Oldtimers will know "netlib" over "reference" and Goto's library
> is called gotoblas.
>
> The default should be netlib.  If you choose to set
> the default to openblas, does it install a symlink from
> libopenblas to libblas.  In fact, I would recommend setting
> a symlink for atlas, gotoblas, and openblas. This is, of course,
> my own opinion.

Thanks for the feedback. No problem for me: I just choosed "reference"
because this was the name used by math/suitesparse.

We discussed about the default with maho@ and pfg@, and it seemed that
openblas was the "trending" lib, but netlib is fine too.

I'm not sure about a symlink: would'nt it imply conflicts between
these different ports? How do you see it?
--
Th. Thomas.