math/cmlib port - PR submitted, want to discuss

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Thu Dec 25 06:03:07 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 01:16:55PM -0800, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:

> I'd like to work towards a set of tightly integrated Fortran\
> libraries on FreeBSD, ideally making sure all GAMS categories
> are available via ports. This probably is a separate large
> project, but is a worthwhile goal in my opinion.

I use blas and lapack.  When I was learning F90/95, I rewrote
minpack in a free-form modern dialect.  I now typically write
my own routines, but if I'm in a hurry, I simply search netlib or
Alan Miller's big pond repository for a particular routine.

Fortunately, Fortran is fairly portable, so not much is needed to
get the code to compile.

--
Steve