kern/144843: [firewire] fwcontrol(8) -S causes kernel panic

Dieter BSD dieterbsd at engineer.com
Sat Sep 3 03:51:54 UTC 2011

Sean writes:
> I think that this panic looks like this?
>
> -bash-4.2# fwcontrol -u 0 -S file.dv
> NTSC
> pa01nic: vm_phys_alloc_contig: alignment must be a power of 2

That certainly looks like a panic.  Do you get the same
power of 2 alignment one every time?  As you can see in the PR,
I got at least 2 different panics. (seems odd)  Mine didn't
say anything about power of 2 alignment, unless the first one did.

Does compiling the 8.x fwcontrol with a 7.x compiler avoid the
panic for you?