libraw1394

Alexey Dokuchaev danfe at nsu.ru
Fri Dec 2 11:10:51 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 01:08:10PM -0700, Buzz Slye wrote:
> Hello

Hi Buzz, Mikhail, Bruce,

> I'm not sure if or when I can release the FreeBSD version of libraw1394.
> Since it was written at government expense, it must be cleared through
> NASA Export control.  Meanwhile please note the following:
>
> This library was written to conform to an older version of libdc1394.
> The latest version of libdc1394, I have discovered, has many routine
> name changes so there will require some realignment and cleanup.

Did you manage to straighten out the situation with your employer and
clarify if it's OK for them to share the source code with us?  It is 2011
now, and we still don't have libraw1394 and friends ported...

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 12:50:16PM +0000, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> I've just been on a trip back to Scotland to visit family and managed to
> get some work done on this. I think I've got as far as Buzz did. I can't
> make any formal commitment in terms of time or resource to this work
> right now.
>
> I would really appreciate it if you could have a look.
>
> I've copied what I've been working on to
> http://people.freebsd.org/~bms/staging/.
>
> What is missing: ISO, FCP and ARM support.
> This also has the same caveat that it will work only with the first
> firewire card.

I've thought I could take a look at that code, but the link fourohfours me
now.  Bruce, did you have a change to work on that stuff recently (or not
so recently)?  Could you share it with us once again?

Thanks!

./danfe