Failure to pull DV from Panasonic PV-GS320

Joe A. fj at panix.com
Tue Jun 9 14:56:25 UTC 2009

Sean...

I read your mail, and ended up doing this:

fwcontrol -u 0 -M dv -R mini.dv

Using the onboard firewire chip.

When I combine the part about the '-M' flag:

-M mode  Explicitly specify either dv or mpeg mode for the incoming
	 stream.  Only meaningful in case of and must precede the -R
	 option. If not specified, the program will try to guess.

with the example:

EXAMPLES
           fwcontrol -R original.dv

	   Receive a DV stream with DV camera attached.

To my eyes, it looked (and looks) as if the '-M' flag was optional;
and for whatever reason, I did not have to specify '-M dv' prior to
this instance; so fwcontrol guessed correctly for all previous
instances. Anyway, problem solved; thanks for your help.

Also, I apologize for the bounce; my alias was broken.