firewire disk stopped working

Sean Bruno sean.bruno at dsl-only.net
Thu Feb 19 17:21:06 PST 2009

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The dmesg output after plugging the cable are as follows (full verbose
> > > dmesg can be found at
> > > http://host7.net62.hdsl-213-169.fastbg.net/dmesg.debug.txt ):
> >
> > I went over everything and came up with the following patch.  Let me
> > apply this to -current and let me know if it makes any difference.
> >
> > Sean
>
> Hi,
>
> No, unfortunately the patch did not help. The new dmesg output after plugging the cable follows below.
> (After unplugging the cable the system prints this on the screen:
> http://host7.net62.hdsl-213-169.fastbg.net/messages.jpg
> and then freezes completely.)

Ok, this output looks like something else I was pursuing.  Thanks for
testing.

Here's another patch for to test with.  Let me know what the results
are!

There was a couple of variable not getting initialized causing some
serious grief in the speed negotiation.  Effectively causing the driver
to try and negotiate with itself.  Very icky.

Sean