kern/97208: [firewire] System hangs / locks up when a firewire disk is attached

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sat Feb 7 07:20:06 PST 2009

The following reply was made to PR kern/97208; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no>
To: Sean Bruno <sean.bruno at dsl-only.net>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/97208: [firewire] System hangs / locks up when a firewire
 disk is attached
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 15:12:00 +0100

 Hello,

 On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 09:37:18 -0800
 Sean Bruno <sean.bruno at dsl-only.net> wrote:

 > Also, there do appear to be some kind of "updates" for this Maxtor
 > series drive.
 >
 > Have you updated it with the s/w on the Maxtor website?

 The drive in question is a Maxtor OneTouch II, 300GB drive with both
 usb and firewire ports on it.
 I have checked Maxtor.com for the updates you mention, but the only
 thing I could find were:
 - os specific drivers for Windows, OS X
 - updates to included backup software (again Windows and / or OS X
 specific)

 If therer are firmware updates for this drive, could you plase point me
 to it?

 Thanks!
 --
 Regards,