Western Digital 1TB My Book Studio

Stephen Bader sbader at comcast.net
Thu Jul 17 23:06:07 UTC 2008

Still no luck with the FW800 card in my machine and the drive
connected to it. Here are the errors, appears to be the same as before:

fwohci0: BUS reset
fwohci0: node_id=0x8800ffc0, gen=7, non CYCLEMASTER mode
firewire0: 2 nodes, maxhop <= 1, cable IRM = 0 (me)
fwohci0: fw_set_bus_manager: 0->0 (loop=0)
firewire0: root node is not cycle master capable
firewire0: bus manager 0 (me)
send phy_config root_node=0 gap_count=5
fwohci0: start AT DMA status=11
fwohci0: too many cycle lost, no cycle master presents?
node1: crom unchanged
fw_explore: node 2, err = 0
bus_explore done
sbp0:0:0 request timeout(mgm orb:0x010d34fc) ... reset start
firewire0: split transaction timeout dst=0xffc1 tl=0x1c state=3
sbp0:0:0 sbp_reset_start failed: resp=60
fwohci0: BUS reset
fwohci0: node_id=0xc800ffc1, gen=8, CYCLEMASTER mode
firewire0: 2 nodes, maxhop <= 1, cable IRM = 1 (me)
fwohci0: fw_set_bus_manager: 1->1 (loop=0)
firewire0: bus manager 1 (me)
send phy_config root_node=1 gap_count=5
fwohci0: start AT DMA status=72
node0: crom unchanged
fw_explore: node 2, err = 0
bus_explore done
sbp0:0:0 request timeout(mgm orb:0x010d3634) ... reset start

Any ideas on how to clear this up?

-Steve