Something broke :-( Re: fwcontrol update

Sean Bruno sbruno at miralink.com
Tue Aug 19 04:00:29 UTC 2008

Sean Bruno wrote:
> Dieter wrote:
>> I tried rebooting again, and then powered up the camera
>> and pressed play.  Without running fwcontrol at all.
>> The console spewed away.
>>
>> Just to be explicit, it didn't do this until today.
>>
>> So I think the kernel device driver needs to reset and/or
>> initialize something, probably on the fw controller chip.
>> Thoughts?
>>
> Ok, good times.
> Can you post the output of "fwcontrol -p" for me?

Looking over the driver code, I can't see any clear path from what
malfunctioned to the errors you are seeing now.

I would think that a simple bus reset from fwcontrol would clear this.
The BUSRST message means that the driver
is getting a BUS_RESET when it's internal state machine is not
BUS_RESET.  Kind of confusing, but that means
you should be able to clear it out with a "fwcontrol -r -u 1" ???  You
will _HAVE_ to use the new code to send a bus reset
to the second bus.

--
Sean Bruno
MiraLink Corporation