sbp_targ memory leak

Sean Bruno sbruno at miralink.com
Sun Dec 16 22:02:16 PST 2007

In trying to understand and make sbp_targ functional, I've noted that
the code seems to lose track of how many page tables it allocates for
any give orbi.  I had to add a lot of debugging code around the
malloc/free's to find out what was going on, and I'm not sure what the
code is supposed to do in this case.

Please review the patch diff at --> http://consultcsg.com/RELENG_6.diff

And the log at -->http://consultcsg.com/malloc_failure.txt

This clearly shows that a new page table is being allocated for the same
IO operation, which should be fine, but then a second malloc is
attempted and stored in the same variable effectively leaking the data.
I'm sure that this type of operation is supposed to be possible, but my
interpretation of SBP-2 is suspect!  :)

Sean