scsi_target witness lock error

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Wed Dec 12 12:54:38 PST 2007

Sean Bruno wrote:
> Alrighty, a little cleaner patch to allow sbp_targ.c to acutally work
> under RELENG_6. http://www.consultcsg.com/RELENG_6.diff
>
> Also and update with the witness error.  And the kernel config I am using:
> http://www.consultcsg.com/scsitarget_witness.txt
> http://www.consultcsg.com/FIREWIRE_TGT
>
> Is scsi_target the only application that is making this kern env witness
> error appear?  I find it hard to believe that nothing else in the code
> base hits this type of problem?

Apparently scsi_target wasn't fully tested when the CAM locking went in.
 It was written before there was a design for CAM locking so it may need
some reworking.  For example, it assumes that it should acquire/drop
locks multiple times in its start method if there are multiple CCBs
queued.  That may not be the fastest way, depending on contention for
the SIM lock.

--
Nate